If you were arrested or cited for a criminal offense, you need a way out. Going back to jail or being convicted of a criminal offense that could have far reaching effects on your life are not options for you. Although there are no "do overs" in life, there may be a legal way "to put you back where you belong".
A few examples:
- David B. had several criminal cases pending, including trespass, theft and burglary of an auto dealership. I obtained dismissals in each case using a strategy known as "civil compromise." (PC sec. 1377) David got his life back.
- Scott H. - his criminal case was dismissed based on an illegal detention.
- Brian L's jury found him Not Guilty of evading two deputy sheriffs after a two-mile high speed chase.
- Michael Z., -- a judge found Michael Not Guilty of firearm and switchblade knife possession.
- Glen S., -- assault with a deadly weapon charges were dismissed before the preliminary hearing when I produced witness statements that convinced the DA to dismiss. Glen also got his life back.
Because so much is at stake, call me at any time to discuss the details of the arrest. I want to know some positive things about you. It's important for the prosecutor and judge to know you, the person, and not just as another case number.
Besides driving (all Vehicle Code offenses), alcohol and narcotics offenses, I have extensive experience with the following types of criminal cases (felony, misdemeanor and infractions): --
--Violence: domestic violence, assault/battery, weapons, homicide;
--Theft: petty and grand theft; embezzlement, burglary, robbery, vehicle theft, forgery, checks, receiving stolen property, identity theft; credit card forgery;
--Sex: indecent exposure, lewd conduct, child molestation, prostitution, rape;
An experienced attorney will help you make the tough decisions (e.g. plea or trial, testify or remain silent, waive jury, motions) and present your case in the best way possible. Think about the following when choosing a lawyer to represent you:
- If an attorney guarantees your case will be won for a high fee, continue searching--there are no guarantees;
- Make sure you know (get it in writing) what legal services are included for the fee (motions, trial, multiple appearances) and
- Run the lawyer's state bar number (SBN-see above) online with the California State Bar for complaint, education and other useful information (www.calbar.org). (My number is 54551)
When you call me for your no charge consultation, you will notice that unlike many lawyers, I'll listen to what you have to say. I happen to believe that you have valuable information that can be used effectively to defend your case and, if the need arises, to lessen any punishment that might be imposed.
My fee (credit cards OK) depends on what sort of defense plan you and I decide to employ.
Don't hesitate--those who "sleep" on their rights often lose them.
MICHAEL L. SHULTZ- 1 (800) 8700-LAW (529);